July 2010
So country living is sometimes hard entertaining. So here are a few things that the boys did to keep themselves busy. Forts. I actually despise forts for one reason. Cleaning up. No matter what I say, it is just never completly put away. But the boys love them, and so I tolerate them.
I never completely understood this game other than the two on the outside of the bike got to fill thier water squirters up and shoot the kid in the middle. It occupied them for about an hour until the glass bowl that they were using to refill broke. I should have but two and two together on that one.
And then the friendship quilt. It's been in the works since February. There's twelve of us in a group. We each buy a bunch of fabric. We are each assigned a pattern, and then we start passing our fabric. Everyone makes their pattern on someone elses fabric and then passes the fabric on. So in the end I get back my fabric with everyone elses patters. Supper cute idea and really fun. Now I just need to get it put together.
5 comments:
Jossy is our resident fort builder, and it drives me (and mom) crazy. Last night she was using Tony's nice silk neckties to tie the blankets to the doorknob. They may never be the same. Last week she got out all mom's belts. It was her most sparkly fort ever!
Forts are fun to build but no fun to clean up. That's why the kids rarely build them around here. Your kids are probably learning to be very creative with their surroundings!
Can you be my friend and just make me one of those quilts? Just kidding. Looks like a fun idea but one I probably would never finish. You on the other hand, will.
Oh the memory of forts!!! It is mostly a boy thing, except Jocelyn. I can't remember what the girls built--they just wanted me to do whatever it was.
The quilt will be a treasured memory. You will always remember your first year in Royal City each time you look at your quilt. I love the people out there--quality people who love life and love you.
Last saturday the kids built forts OUTSIDE on the tramp and playset (trampoline not a passing hobo) they used 14 blankets before I caught on to the clandestine operation. I've been waching blankets all week. And everyone thinks I'll be bored with all the kids in school.
washing blankets washing, if only my fingers went as fast as my brain.
Post a Comment