Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaden!!!


I can't believe that I am old enough to have a ten year old- I know I got started a little ahead of the average- but holy cow the years have flown by. It was just yesterday, that Brandon was a little perturbed that I woke him up in the middle of the night. We only do friend parties every two years, and just in case we moved, I wanted this one to be especially memorable. Kaden decided that he wanted a sports themed party- I know real original. It started by sending out 18 invites. I know. Crazy. We had a pretty good showing with 15 boys. It was a good thing that Brandon was there to manage chaos, because I'm pretty sure they would have just ran me over. But.... it started with a lot of pizza. Then came a pretty intense game of baseball, followed by kickball, followed by hockey, followed by a round of Lightening, followed by the pinata, followed by cake and ice cream, followed by more presents than any kid should get for four birthdays, followed by a biographical Micheal Jordan movie, which was a bust, and so we called it a night.
I deemed it a success, no one cried or pouted (except for Detton) and everyone went home happy.
Before the mayhem started.
The in-laws made it just in time.
Our version of safe hockey.
Lightening
Not perfect, I know, but it's the memory that counts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great age love to have him in my bed for his birthday, I would make him so happy, sore as hell but so happy