My Grandma had 6 sons, I have 32 cousins (I think), and as near as I could count there are 53 great-grandchildren. I wish my grandma was still alive to see this past Memorial Day, she would have loved it. I still miss her. My dad said that his dad would have loved it even more. I never knew Grandpa, he died when my dad was still in High School. My Grandma braved The Ranch by herself for almost 30 years. They lived just off the freeway, and she was known for taking in strays, dogs and people, all the time. Sometimes they stayed just a few days, some stayed the summer and kept coming back. However, there was this one time that my mom dressed up as a bag lady for Halloween and went knocking on Grandma's door- for some reason she wasn't too keen on letting her in. So anyway, Memorial Day we always have a Rees Reunion at The Ranch. Lots of food, lots of games, lots of talking lots of kids. Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures that I took.

Eating is just what we do best at a family get-together.

Just a few of all the
relatives.
Detton with some of his cousins, don't even know all their names.


The Ranch is always a place to find kittens. This time they were well hidden in the trunk of the
Ol' Apple Tree.

My grandma was the
oldest of 6. She had 4 sisters. Merla, Rhea, Edna, Della (my grandma's name was Thelma, her mom must have had a thing for names that ended in "a") and a brother that I never met. She has three sisters remaining, this is Della and Rhea with my parents.


The object of this game was to eat the doughnut and not use
their hands. This is
Kaden and his cousin
Cade.
Kaden is the oldest biological Great-Grandson and then
Cade.

Kinsey watched the other kids spin around the bat and try and run, she thought she could join in too.

Fishing pond for the little guys.

My dad and his older brother, Roger. Just so you know, they all look the same, they all stand the same, and they all wear long sleeve shirts even when it is blistering hot outside.


The real highlight is the pony cart the my cousin, Roger Jr. (we all call him
Rogy, to
avoid confusion, poor guy). Every time he would have to kick Lauren off, she would scowl at him, slump her shoulders, and run of crying to Alli to tattle.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you did such a good post on this! I might just refer everyone to your blog...
Jen- Thanks for posting pictures of the Memorial Day fun.. It just didn't work out for us to come again this year.. Next year for sure!! There is too many little ones (and big ones) I have never met.. It looks like it was a ton of fun..
Post a Comment