Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally Did It!!



The day had finally came when I could no longer justify keeping Ben's hair curly. So on Tuesday, I geared myself up to cut all of the boys' hair. I started with Ben and just about cried with the first swipe, but soon he was shorn and looks like a totally different child, infact neighbors asked if I was keeping a nephew. But here's the good part, the other hair cuts went pretty uneventful, except for trying to keep Ben out of the hair, there was enough to do a couple wigs. Then I started on Kaden, and put Sawyer in charge of the two young ones, well I was half way done and heard a huge crash in the kitchen. Sawyer had dropped the glass cookie jar and shards were spread everywhere, unfortunatley I had just finished baking too, and the glass covered all of my bread and two dozen muffins, Great! Well, while I cleaned that up, Kaden decided that he need to go the bathroom and spread hair everywhere. While I finished Kaden's hair cut, Sawyer had given Ben a blue Kool-Aid juice box, and you could just imagine that one. But anyway, these are the befores and afters.

5 comments:

vvjenks said...

Ben looks a little sad--lost his beautiful locks. What a nice looking young man!!

Love you Ben

Grandma & Grandpa Jenks

allyson said...

What a day! I'm glad you're blogging so you can share your chaos. I feel for you.

Ben is adorable as of course all your boys are. I'm still holding on to Boston's curls. I tried putting a pony tail in (just for fun) and he said, "that's for girls, I a boy." AS long as he knows, that's all that matters.

Kara said...

Your boys will always be so hansome no matter what hair do they have! I am impressed you do it yourself! I always run into town for that--maybe one day I'll be brave enough.

The Mollotte Family said...

Benson looks a little more Detton-like. Your pictures looked like they were done by a professional! :) I am loving the chaotic stories as well, isn't life grand?

Krissy Lowe said...

Ben looks like such a big boy with his haircut. I have loved catching up on your family. I am so glad that you have a blog.