We attended the County Spelling Bee on Wednesday. We were full of hopes, since we had actually spent some time with a spelling list over the past couple of weeks. To say the least, our efforts were for naught. Kaden was eliminated in the first round with the word rutabaga. Since none of us knew what it was or even how to spell it we had to look it up. (Rabbit, on Winnie the Pooh, uses it all the time so I assumed it was a vegetable) Turns out it is a Swedish turnip. He was really close, substituted a "d" for the "t". He went home discouraged and swearing that he would not do it again next year....we'll see. Kaden's competitive gene (from Brandon of course) will probably get the best of us. Brandon still remembers the word that he was eliminated on at the same point-county, round 1- emerald. He claims that the lady pronounced it emrald, and it threw him off.
P.S. I spell checked before I posted and I missed quite a few words. Thanks Spell Check!!
"No sweat Mom, besides it's no big deal."
Looks like it turned out to be a little bit of a bigger deal than he thought.
1 comment:
I couln't have spelled it correctly the first time either. Never give up Kaden--you have a long time to practice!
Love you
Grandma J
Post a Comment