Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One Year Older, and Wiser Too!

February 10, 2010
Really wish that I wasn't one year older, and I REALLY wish that I wasn't wiser from the
experiences from this last year. On Wednesday I turned 28......again. Am I old enough to start using that line? When I told Detton how old I was, his mouth just dropped open in disbelief. It was a great day! A friend in the ward invited me and some other "girls" over for lunch; I talked more on my phone in one day than I do all week; Brandon brought me beautiful flowers, which he really shouldn't have, but I appreciate. My grandma told me a story of always accepting flowers no matter how bad it is. Pretty sure that I told this story last year, but it was Christmas and it had been a particularly bad year for my grandparents, and my grandpa brought home roses for my grandma. Of course, she chewed him out for buying such a frivolous item when there were so many other things they needed. He never brought her flowers again. So I am always grateful for the gesture, even though a box of chocolates would stay with me and my hips forever. I received so many sweet cards. My dad brought me a card. I can't ever in my life remember my dad getting me a card, AND signing it, AND writing in it. My mom always wrote something nice and he would sign it.

3 comments:

Berrybritt said...

Happy Happy Birthday. When I saw that you were 28 i was a little surprised. Then I saw the "again" and I felt a little better. I have not been 28 for a while! I hope you had a great day!

allyson said...

Happy belated birthday Jen! I'm glad someone remembered your special day. Sounds like it was a memorable one.

Young family said...

Happy Belated Birthday!