Thursday, May 27, 2010

Scouting...

May 13, 2010
As a mom of all boys, I should have been better prepared for the world of Cub Scouting.  And maybe Heavenly Father really wants me to get good at it.  In Idaho we were in the primary presidency for an unheard of 4 years, and would you know that I was the counselor over scouts.  Fast forward move to Washington, get put in the primary, and guess what!?! I'm the counselor over the cub scouts, (at least I think I am, correct me if I'm wrong Becky!).  I have grown to have an appreciation for the leaders and and masters that sacrifice so much of themselves to ensure that my boys make better men.  Sawyer finally got his Bobcat, normally this is an award they receive just after entering Scouts, but we were slacker parents and weren't quite as enthusiastic about it as we were for Kaden.  Kaden also received his Webelo, Arrow of Light, Leave No Trace, World Conservationist, and the 6 other pins that he needed to get his awards.  Dang it, I deserved that pin he put on me!
Only slightly concerned that Sawyer is going to jab me with his pin. 
The theme for the night was "Your Night in the Spotlight" so Sawyer and his friends showed off their jump roping skills.  It was captivating
Not sure what Kaden is doing with his chin in this picture, but I had to get one of him with his hard-working Scout leader.

Getting pinned again.
The ceremony is complete when the New Scout crosses the bridge, and the parents.  I was a little worried that the bridge would support my weight, then I looked behind me to see Brandon crossing- no worries, the bridge held up.

2 comments:

vvjenks said...

Congratulations Sawyer and Kaden--Oh how I remember scouting!!!

Becky Noftle said...

When I found out during my pregnancy with Jackson that he was a boy my FIRST thought was, Oh no--cub scouts!