Friday, May 28, 2010

Family Olympics

May 21, 2010
The Family Olympics was probably the most fun ward activity that we have ever been to. It was easy enough that it could include the young ones, but entertain the older kids, as well. We started off with opening ceremonies and then the games began. There was Frisbee toss, bean blowing, badminton hitting, beanbag toss, tire rolling, hopscotch, long jump, and the dreaded spin-around-a-stick-and-try-and-run-and-bystanders-laugh event. We played each event and then found out how to score it. For example, on the badminton distance hit we could only use the score of an "empty nester" in the ward after we did them a service, or with the hop scotch we used the score of the youngest member of the family. It was really good for all the kids.
Badminton distance hitting.
The Frisbee Toss
Hop Scotch, I've failed miserably as a mother, my boys didn't even know what hop scotch was.
Bean Blowing Distance Contest
The Long Jump
The spin around a stick and try and run game.
Sawyer had no difficulties.
Brandon isn't even flexible enough to put his head on the stick.
And then he went backwards.
I am only including this picture because I really, really, really thought that I could do this.
See the poor old man run for his life as I go down. I could see the lane that I was supposed to run down, but for the life of me, I could not get my legs to work.
The Tire Roll
Lightening McQueen

For closing ceromonies we had the most hilarious synchorized swimming team, but the video was over 100 MB. So if anyone can tell me how to upload it, let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched the video on Heather's blog, HILARIOUS!!! That looked like such a fun activity, I should have come even though I am no longer in that ward.

allyson said...

Too funny! Especially the flexible comment and action shots of the two of you falling over.

the Jenks said...

Thanks Jen, I laughed so hard that I cried, again. I didn't wet my pants this time though. That is the best pic ever of the "old man" running to get out of your way. Has he seen that one? He'll love it!! I mean it! I want that one for the ward web site for sure!

Becky Noftle said...

I am still mad I forgot the ward activity--ughhh. However I am hoping the sychronized swim team can be convinced to perform at community days!

Stoddard said...

Jen, loved the pics! Especially the one of Brandon trying to put his head on the stick:) priceless. Those pictures definately make me miss those boys of yours.