Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ben Ben's Birthday

April 16, 2011
Ben Ben, Benny Boy, Bonzi, Bon Bon, Little Stinker, the list is long for all the names that Ben gets called on a daily basis.  Hard to believe that my baby is four years old.  Time has just flown by.  He is so fun yet temperamental, quiet but can really let you know where he is when he wants to, and he is definitely the spoiled baby of the family, when the baby arrives, it's really going to cramp his style.  April is really, really, really busy month for us.  We have three birthdays- 8, 11, 19- baseball is in full swing, so to squeeze in parties is quite the challenge.  Since he and his best bud were born a few days apart, we decided to join forces and just do one big party, which really turned out nice to divide up the parts of the party.  A really long time ago, I did a dinosaur birthday party for Kaden.  The invites were paper mache dinosaur eggs.  I must be losing my mind, because I thought they were fairly simple to do.  However, two conference sessions plus another 4 hours later, they were completed.  BUT they were awfully cute, and the kids had a great time cracking them open, which is really the important part.

 Someone else who was really creative had this great idea to have the kids check in for digging equipment and things they could use for the party.  We had cute little name tags, and buckets with shovels and brushes.  I had ordered these adorable safari hats and magnifying glasses, but  they didn't come in time, so if you want to do a dino party- I still have them.  I tried to talk Detton into it, but he thought it was to babyish.
 Carly put together this fantastic sack lunch for the kids.  They thought it was great!
 The Cake.
My idea was to have dry ice and water in the middle so it looked like it was smoking, but I put the pipe in the cake after it was decorated and I couldn't fit the cap in the hole.  So it only kind of smoked.
 We taped off a section of the sand pit and hid dinosaurs in the sand for the kids to do their dino dig.  Once again, had fun dino skeletons ordered, but didn't make it.  The kids were fine with the plastic dinosaurs from Walmart.

 Honestly, the kids would have been just fine playing on the merry go round and the swing set the whole time.
 Ben and Lance the Birthday Boys.
 The dinosaur relay, it was actually pretty funny to watch.
All the loot.  Sadly, we still haven't bought him a birthday present.  We are horrible parents.  However, he doesn't have a clue, and is already asking for things for his next birthday.

2 comments:

tonyandalli said...

So, true to form, Lauren is becoming OBSESSED with dinosaurs! You should listen to her playing three-horns and long-necks. So funny. She particularly loves Land Before Time series. Maybe a dinosaur party is just what she'd love... and Krew too! Let me know if anyone else calls dibbsies on the loot. I'll totally buy it from you-

allyson said...

You are super mom! I forgot how crazy April is at your house. Good thing Elizabeth waited for May to arrive.

I keep checking for a post with pics of her. I am anxiously waiting...