May 8, 2011
I am a little obsessive in my methods, and have refused to publish this post till I had all my other posts in order, BUT after much harassment from a couple sis-in-laws (I still love you).......
Elizabeth Bell Jenks
6 pounds 12 ounces
19 1/2 inches
3:14 p.m.
My due date wasn't until the 20th of May, so we were in no wise anticipating her coming two weeks early. I think she just realized that to fit in our family she had to be born on the 8th or the 11th, but the 8th made it the best Mother's Day present ever! But about 1:30 in the morning I woke up, and was wet. My first thought was "Great! Peed my pants again" It was really becoming an issue. So I trudged into the bathroom to change, but when I pulled everything off, there was blood everywhere. My first thought was I was hemorrhaging, my second thought was that Brandon was going to tell me "I told you so" for over doing it in the yard the previous day, so I yelled at Brandon that we needed to go to the hospital. I was ever so grateful that he hadn't taken an Ambien that night, and that we wouldn't have to pull a "Father of the Bride II" scene. Our next realization was that I wasn't still bleeding and the thought dawned on me that my water might have actually broken. So Brandon calls his sister in the middle of the night to ask her opinion, so sorry Jody. I have never had my water break before and I seriously thought that if it was, I should be having this baby any minute. So we called another cousin, sorry Heather, to come stay with the kids. Threw a few things in a bag, seriously not ready, BUT by some miracle I had charged the batteries to the video camera the day before, and hopped in the car and took off. We didn't even wait for Heather to get there, we did wake Kaden before we left, but he doesn't remember it.
Brandon made good time to the hospital, just over a half hour, only for us to be greeted by a emergency room receptionist with a computer that was undergoing updates. It took us nearly another 20 minutes to get checked in. Ironically, I had been in a few weeks previously to do a pre-admittance so that all I would have to do is hand them a card and be good to go, but with no computer, we had to do it the long way. Luckily, I still wasn't having any contractions, so I still like her.
Got upstairs. Doctor started the pitocin and a few hours later I got the epidural. On a side note, the Doctor had to go pick up her son in Spokane at seven, and so she was trying to rush the delivery. However, by six I was still only a two- I was seriously disappointed- I was two when I went in for the check up a few days previous. So they stopped the Pit, and we sat there and waited for four hours for the Doctor to get back, and then start all over again. Second time went by a lot faster, after I finally hit a five we were to a ten in about a half hour, the doctor was paged, and we waited again. This time with my legs crossed, still don't know why I could move my legs with an epidural. But it was seriously painful, I was pushing the booster button for all I was worth. In my head, I knew it would only give me a boost every ten minutes, but maybe somehow I could trick it. Doctor showed up to see how things were going and that she was going to go change her clothes, but the nurses convinced her that she should just put on the gown and hurry. She sat down, made the epesiotomy, two pushes, and she was here.
Isn't she just the cutest? Looking a little rough on my part.
Brandon's Mom and niece were in the waiting room. Brandon's sister, Jody, had stopped by to drop off some lunch for Brandon, and ended up staying to be the videographer and photographer.
Dr. Coury and the minutes old Lizzie.
She didn't much enjoy her first bath. I don't remember any of it, right after I delivered I got this massive headache, so they brought in the big guns of Percocet and Motrin. Knocked me into oblivion, if I only had knew what was to come.
Ten fingers and ten toes, except for the the fact that her ears look like they have been nibbled on, she was perfect.
Brandon is so in love with her. However, the morning after proved to be a little rougher. I had the headache like no other. I never get headaches. Nurse confirmed my suspicions that I had a spinal headache. Crappiest thing EVER! Luckily, the anesthesiologist was able to fix it with a blood patch, which is another epidural, draw some blood from my arm and inject it into the epidural space. Almost immediate relief. Unfortunately, the next day it came back, and so back to the hospital we went for another blood patch. In the 27 years that the anesthesiologist had been practicing medicine, I was his second repeat customer. He told me not to come back for an unprecedented third time. Uh, yah!
It turned into a tradition that Brandon always dressed them in their first outfit. It's soooo tiny.
Still looking a really rough, but we are ready to leave. We just had to make a pit stop first to watch the boys at their baseball games, I know, we are ridiculous.
15 comments:
Jen~ She is absolutely perfect!!! What a cutie :) I love the picture of her wrapped in her pink blankie and Brandon looking down at her, so so sweet! And I beg to differ...you look amazing:) Congratulations to you all! Can't wait to hold her :)
p.s. Madyn has been sitting on my lap while I read your post and she keeps saying, "I wanna see born, I wanna see born." She wants to see the first picture of Elizabeth when she was born, so cute! Krista (Smith)
I was wondering about your doubled dates and why you were talking like you hadn't had a baby yet! Phew!
Love the extra pictures. She really is so precious. I can't wait to see her newborn photo shoot that I'm sure you have been working on...
You guys she is SO CUTE! I have only been lucky enough to go 1 for 3 in the epidural department but it is the "risks" that freak me out and make me want to go without one, plus knowing what the needle looks like kind of freaks me out too. So sorry you got the headache, I have heard they are horrific! I love that you went to the boys' baseball games on the way home, that is a true mom of 5, it'll take more than having a baby to keep her down :)
It is about stinkin time!!! I have been dying a little. She is so super sweet. She reminds me of some of Detton's baby pictures...but of course I need to see her up close and personal to get a good verdict.
I love love LOVE the picture of you and her right after you had her. I think you look SO pretty. It is just precious.
And yes, you are ridiculous for stopping at the boys games on the way home from the hospital- CRAZY I tell you!! Hope everyone enjoyed your waddle :)
She is beautiful and we already love her bunches and the girls are excited to have more GIRL COUSINS!!! Whahoooo- we are almost even!!
Finally!! I have been dying to see her! She is beautiful, and I would have to say you do too. Congrats, I am so excited for you to have a GIRL!
Congratulations Jenks family! She is precious! And by the way, you look AMAZING Jen! I would have stopped at the games too, so I don't think you are crazy at all. Can't wait to meet her in person. Hopefully the baseball weather will warm up a bit. Colin has enjoyed Detton playing on his team!
If you really want to know what rough looks like, you should go back about 40 years and see a picture of me after delivery! I washed my hair & didn't dry it - you get the picture!! You even had on makeup - much different from the old days.
What a beautiful little girl, beautiful mommy, handsome daddy, and wonderful mothers day gift!
Congratulations to your family! Girls are the best! She is beautiful! I bet she doesn't get put down very often with all those helpers you have!
You look great!
Finally! You are a pro Jenn. Make up and curled hair, even Brandon looks put together. She's precious and we couldn't be happier for you.
Baseball right after giving birth...sounds like you've got your priorities straight!
She is so adorable! And you look so great! Infact, I love the picture of you holding Lizzie in the delivery room....you look beautiful!!!
Jen and Brandon, these pictures made me cry. What a precious daughter that has been sent to join your family. I can hardly wait to meet her too. All the pictures are beautiful..... I love you all....And a big congratulations.....
Jen you look gorgeous! If you want to see rough, I'll show you my pictures. I'm so glad she's here and that she is a SHE! :) We missed you in California!!
Wow! You look amazing as always...and not even skipping a beat to make it to the boy's ball games...you rock! We hope all is well and want you to know we miss you! We were talking about epic summers and taking Jax and Caden to float the river was memorably funny and entertaining:) Beautiful baby! She can't even know how lucky she is to come to your great family!
Congrats!!! I just got the announcement and am so excited for you! You got a little girl :-) She is going to be the most spoiled...well protected girl ever with all those brothers. Enjoy every minute! Love you!
Jen she is beautiful!! And seriously..you look amazing after just giving birth:) Your boys are getting so big, kinda sad. If you guys are ever over this way please stop and see us. We would love to see this new baby. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment