Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

Last year we started a new family tradition of going and cutting a tree. Saves money, costs a lot of time and energy and patience. However, in the end it is well worth it. This year we were a little more on top of things and went before there was two feet of snow. Last year we got the truck and trailer stuck. It was really pretty easy, after tromping around for 30 minutes we found as tree that wasn't too airy and this year we brought a chainsaw. Tony and Brandon had it down in about 20 seconds and the boys were off, carrying it down the hill. I knew having all these boys would eventually come in handy. Then we found Alli and Tony a tree. Then came the decorating. These natural trees aren't quite as stiff as store bought and the boys insist that every ornament makes it on the tree. When the boys weren't looking we had to take down a few to lighten the load. Then we let the boys stay up late to watch "Dennis the Menace Christmas". Before the night was over, one of our "Dennis the Menace's" had tipped the tree over. Mmmm, I wonder which one it was??????





4 comments:

vvjenks said...

We love the Christmas Tree--It is about 5 feet taller than our little fake one.

Who tipped it over--Detton?? or Benson??

Don't you just love Christmas!!!
I do

Love you all.

Angie Penrose said...

looks like you found a pretty one! :)

Ashley and Dave said...

I am sad that we missed out! Actually, is it funny that I didnt know until about a week ago that we will probably never have a real tree because of Dave's allergies...never realized that. Kinda sad, but we always had a fakey growing up, so it's not a huge disappointment!

allyson said...

So nostalgic. That's how it's supposed to be done.