Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Only in Idaho

So, I was coming back from Idaho Falls today and got stuck behind a HUGE flock/herd of sheep. On the main road out. Only in Idaho. Then I started thinking of all the other things that are unique to Idaho.
Only in Idaho do you see a poodle-looking sheep dog
Only in Idaho do you see a huge tractor taking up most of the freeway.
Only in Idaho kids(3) chant about assassinating Obama, and it make WORLD wide news.
Only in Idaho do you have to worry about the wind blowing the satellite off the roof and ruining the Seahawks game.
Only in Idaho can you leave your kids in the car while you dash into the store (QUICKLY)
Only in Idaho do you have to do a majority of your Christmas shopping online, which isn't all bad
Only in Idaho do they not have a major league team
Only in Rexburg are the restaurants permitted to serve only beer and wine
We love living in Idaho, where you can let your kids go down the street and not worry that they got there.
Only in Idaho (and Utah) is there and LDS church every couple of miles.
Only in Idaho do you not have to worry about every single door in house being locked ALL the time.
The list could go on for a while, but I'm out of time, think up a few of your own.

3 comments:

vvjenks said...

You are right - Only in Idaho!

Life is definitely different here in Chicago.

Miss you all!

Mist said...

Jen- I loved your Idaho list- and don't forget to add that Only in Idaho do you get a break from school to Harvest Potato's! ONLY IN IDAHO. Hey I would love to get a Christmas card and I would love to send you one! I think I can find your address. I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving!!!

The Wageman Clan said...

So I think we were in Idaho Falls on the same day. Did you run into those sheep on 25th? Anyway, I'll be calling you soon!