Monday, January 12, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set.....

On Saturday, basketball season started in full force for us. We got up early and went and cleaned the church, barely made it in time for Kaden's 10 o'clock game, they lost by 2. Hurried and drove to I.F. just in time for his 12 o'clock game, won that one. Hurried and ate lunch, went to Sawyer's 2 o'clock game, they won. Then ran back to Rexburg so that Brandon can go to a baseball meeting for Kaden's spring ball, practice starts next week. I wouldn't want it any other way. Brandon came home all excited to start baseball again. Like father, like son. Of all the sports that Kaden plays football and baseball are his favorite. When weather is good, or more like when we don't have 2 feet of snow on the ground, Kaden is always throwing a ball against something. He enjoys basketball and soccer, but he doesn't go and practice like he does the other 2. We even have a great court and hoop, I took a day last summer and painted all the lines, and it still doesn't have the same draw. Sawyer on the other hand, could be less interested in anything athletic, which kind of bothers Brandon, but he doesn't push it. We have to work really hard to motivate him. After his game on Saturday, we were really trying hard to build him up and Brandon didn't say much. We were telling Sawyer what a great job he did. Brandon told him he played good. Later he said that he has a really hard time giving a false compliment! Sawyer got a microscope and a rock tumbler for Christmas that he really likes. I should have done a little more research on the rock tumbler, I had no idea that the sloshing, noisy, tumbling takes 2 1/2 weeks to finish. FUN!!! Ben and Detton are as hilarious as ever. When we were at Sawyer's ball game, Detton came running up to me and asked what his friend's names were. I had no idea, and told him to go ask. He came back and asked me again, finally we figured out that his friend's were asking what his name was. I told him to tell them his name was Detton, and didn't think anything of it. On the way home we were talking about it, and I asked him what his name was (by the way he has had this down for quite a while, so I don't know why he cant' say his own name now), he just shrugged his shoulders. I asked him what name he told his friends, he simply replied, "Joe". Go figure!!! Ben is still sticking objects up his nose in full force. When we were in Island Park after Christmas, he stuck one of my niece's Barbie shoes up his nose, now that took a little work to get out. Luckily, Brandon is pretty handy with a pair of tweezers, he should have been a doctor.


5 comments:

Kara said...

Its crazy Saturdays like that that I decided not to put Brayden on the team. I guess you are more organized than me! For now, we'll just stick with city league. I am glad Kaden is having a great time--he is such a cutie!

The Mollotte Family said...

Wow. This sounds like a crazy lifestyle you have, but it also sounds fun. My favorite was Detton telling people his name was Joe. He was a born tease. :)

Mist said...

Super MOM! You are amazing! I am really impressed with how you keep up. I bet you look forward to Sundays! Your boys are awesome little basketball stars! Good Luck!I think that this lifestyle is just begining! Joe- that is so funny.What a great personality!

vvjenks said...

Oh the busy life you lead--love every moment, but don't get too stressed! Little Joe - Little Detton - kinda has a nice ring!! No one knows the name of Detton so he probably got frustrated. We've felt his pain with our names!!

Kaden - make a basket or two for us. Sawyer - enjoy your Christmas gift and enjoy the basketball too.

Angie Penrose said...

How fun! We're enjoying our little break before the craziness of sports starts up again for us. Isn't it fun?! :)