Friday, January 23, 2009

Pinewood Derby


Pinewood Derby was last night and it was amazing how it brings out the competition. (In the dads I mean) We all worked really hard on Kaden's car, and I was really disappointed that I couldn't be there. As soon as a could I called Brandon, and gave me the report that we took dead last!! Could not believe it!!!!! I even called back a few minutes later to make sure they weren't spoofing me, Kaden answered and sounded totally bummed. I had all sorts of plans to load the kids up and take them for ice cream as soon as I got home, 9 at night. The little snots had totally played a trick on me. Kaden ended up getting 2nd and getting best in show, and here I was feeling all bad for him. Sawyer can't wait for his turn next year. Yah, Yah, Yah!!!!


Detton found himself a prime watching spot




3 comments:

Amelia said...

Hey we love hearing about all the boy things that you guys experience. It will be a few more years till we get to do any of these things. You guys are such great parents. That trick sounds like something that Brandon would think up. Later

vvjenks said...

A grand 2nd place--as good as your daddy did--once! Good job Kaden. All of you look like you are having a great time-especially Detton.

Pinewood Derbys still stand out in my mind!

The Wageman Clan said...

Sounds like Kaden did well at the derby. I loved the tires they stood behind. Anyway, I swear I will be calling! Yikes! How life flies!