Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another dead End

So we tried a new internal medicine doctor a couple of weeks ago. He did his residency at the Mayo Clinic in Florida, so we were hopeful he would be able to help us. At the appointment, he told us, "there has been enough cooks in the kitchen", and really didn't want to try- isn't that against a code of ethics somewhere? But he agreed to run a few tests, they did an abnominal CT scan to see if there was something that could be found that was causing the stomach pain- we called yesterday and every test was negative. Ashely and I have been doing some more research and we felt that Brandon's headaches were more characteristic of cluster headaches coupled with migraines. Cluster headaches have had research to show that it is a hormone imbalance. I talked to the nurse to see if they would run a hormone test, but the doctor called back and said that there were no indications to show that the hormones were off, and a specific horomone test would be useless. What now??? The doctor wants us to go to the headache clinic at the U of U, but will it be any different than U of W? Here is some useless advice, and that will be $400. Plus the wait time is about 6 months. I called in November and they were booking apointments for July. He really wants us to go to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, but since the money tree in the back yard hasn't started producing yet, that isn't a real option. The doctor told us that when he tells people to go to the Mayo, he recomends buying an open ended air plane ticket. Great!!! Any advice from anyone??/

2 comments:

vvjenks said...

Pray about this and listen--If you are totally prompted to go the Mayo Clinic, then there will be help.

I keep thinking the stress will ease and so will the headaches. I think Brandon needs to find the right herbs (hormone wise) and just take them. I don't that would hurt!

Paige said...

Jen... My mom has had a really really rough year, and has found an AMAZING clinic that has the most AMAZING homeopathic doctors there. They seriously look at things a lot different than your typical doctors in a good way! They seem to have helped tons and tons of people that were at a dead end. My mom is a huge advocate for them and think they are the neatest most caring doctors on the planet. I have all the info. they are in Farmington and I think they are about 3 months out right now so you would need to call soon for an appointment with the really good ones. I know my mom would really love to tell you her experiences and answer any of your questions about this place. She still has the same phone number as we did growing up, or call me. My email is Paigeallred89@hotmail.com I can give you my phone number and my moms if you need it. I would really recommend at least trying it, seems you've exhausted every other option, I think it's worth a try. My mom has literally witnessed miracles at this place and the things she has learned and taught me are absolutely incredible and totally make so much sense!! call me or my mom and we would love to help