Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Is Here!!

Proof that Spring might be finally coming to Rexburg.
It's amazing what comes alive in Rexburg when the temperatures get above freezing. People are out running, with the college there is no lack of new love springing in the air. Pretty sure I saw two people making out in a hammock that they set up themselves in the park. You'd think that my boys had never seen the sun before. Kaden was asking for me to unpack shorts-it's warm, but not short season quite yet. I guess with all this new energy in the air I should get out and run. Tonight, Detton told me that my big fat bum was in his way , guess I should do something about it, but a little too lazy. With spring and the melting of the snow, I was absolutely amazed at how bad my yard looked. Upon closer inspection, it has a thousand mice tunnels/house all over. The mice took the dead grass and mounded it up to make tunnels all over. Completely grosses me out, cause I know the kids are going to run barefoot fairly soon through all of it. It was quite entertaining to see the neighborhood kids try and catch them- and you thought you were white trash Jody! The other day we had quite a few neighbor boys in on the chase and some how they saw one under the trampoline. We have an in-ground trampoline so it was inaccessible, until our poor little neighbor boy, Bridger, was dubbed the smallest. So with a little ingenuity they some how got a spring off the trampoline, and under Bridger went. This is were I drew the line, if any of you remember quite a few months ago we had a skunk die down there, (I was not about to crawl down there myself and get it out- no way). So after that, I was the party pooper and put an end to the mice chasing. Now all of you know why I try and keep my kids busy, when they are left to their own devices, it is not good. Brandon will start a new job this week working anywhere between Logan and Salt Lake. I'm still hoping that something will open up, up here so that we can stay, but we'll see, at least it's a job. It was great to spend a couple hours outside, I forgot what a warm sun feels like. The boys all got out thier mitts and played catch for a couple hours, amazingly there were no brawls.


My favorite part was being able to get our flag back out, I keep threatening Brandon that when we move he is going to have to dig the flag pole out and take it with us, but it goes so perfectly with the house that it just might have to stay put.

3 comments:

vvjenks said...

Spring brings out the best in all of us! Sun is like new hope!!
I'm not too big a fan of the mouse tunnels--imagine that.

Hope that the new job works out and you can all be happy, healthy, and rich!!!

Kara said...

I think the mice are taking over Rexburg--they're everywhere! Wasn't the warm weather awesome! Nice to have some signs of thaw!

Young family said...

WE love spring too!!!