So for those of you who know us well, know that it has been a sucky couple of years for us. However, I am determined to not become bitter and pessimistic. So to try and look on the bright side of things here are a few of the top 10 lessons I have learned, so far (I'm sure that there are more to come).
1) Be humble, or the Lord will do it for you.
2) Money isn't every thing, but family and your health is.
3) Don't judge anyone, no matter what it looks like on the outside EVERYONE has trials.
4) Take care of yourself. It's an airplane theory-when the oxygen masks drop down, put yours on first so that you can take care of those around you.
5) It's ok to rely on someone else. This is an extremely hard one for me to do- I'm very proud of my self-reliance and it just about kills me to ask anyone to help me- especially if I can't pay them back in some way.
6) The father is truly the heart of the home- at least in our house.
7) It's ok to cry. I never cry, but I hear it's good way to release some pent up emotions- I'll have to try it some time.
8) Service is always a good method to get out of a slump.
9) The answers are in the scriptures, you just have to be willing to look.
10) Rely on the Lord for everything, pray, and go to the temple often, it doesn't fix everything, but it helps.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago
4 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT list! Thanks for having us over on Friday it was fun:)
Sorry to hear about Brandon! Is there anything I can do? Just keep praying. A door will open somewhere!
Remember the List!!
You are such a tough person. I think you should try a good cry.
Post a Comment