Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Detton!

July is the month for birthdays! July 8 is Detton's big day. Detton had planned his birthday for months, and was set on having a "Cars" birthday. Wouldn't you know that at last minute he wanted "Transformers". But the cake was made and the party planned and "Cars" it was. We had a great time! Plenty of 4 year olds to make it crazy. We started by stopping by Doc Hudson's Court House to pick up thier access passes, and then it was off for a tour of Radiator Springs. Our first stop was by Luigi's Tire Shop, where we had a contest to see who could roll the most "tires" back and forth. Detton only pouted a few times, when he couldn't go all the time. Then we stopped by Romone's House of Body Art and the kids got a "paint job". Next, came Mater's Tire Toss, where the kids had to toss the "tires" over the cones. Then we went to Lizzie's Souvenier Shop to make penant flags for the Big Race. After that messy ordeal, we decided that with all that hard work we needed to stop by Flo's for some refreshments. I'm pretty sure that the kids only ate the frosting on the cake, and since it was mostly black ashpalt, there were alot of grey teeth. We might think that one through a little more in the future! Then it was time for the BIG RACE! Each child got a turn to race Lightening or The King, and as the cars came around the "pit crew" got ready to change the tires. It was great fun and I think (I hope) they all had a good time.
The Cake
The Tire Roll
It's my party and I'll pout if I want to
Face Painting
Thank goodness for Aunt Alli's Art Skills
The Tire Toss
Penant Painting
The Videographer, can't wait to see that one
The Cake, Jossy has Mater's teeth painted to her smile incase you were wondering
The Big Race and the Pit Crews

1 comment:

Greg and Lindsay said...

Jen,
I love your boys!! They make me want more boys. I am glad you updated, I need to talk to you to get a more detailed scoop.
Love ya tons, Lindsay