We are crazy. We were trying to move, and what do we do? Go camping-without the camper-INSANE! BUT, it was fun. My brother and sis-in-law really wanted to go. I haven't been tent camping since girls camp, so I had kind of forgotten what a miserable experience the nights can be. We got there right at dusk so we were trying to hurry and throw up our tent, that has been pitched twice in the three years we have owned it (once in our front yard and the other our friends used it). While we were setting it up, it dawned on Detton that the camper wasn't behind the truck. "Where's the camper? I don't want to sleep in a tent! I want to sleep in the camper where it's warm!" Spoiled child. Island Park didn't let us down in the freezing cold department, it was 38 degrees when we got up that morning. I got up put on extra socks, tied my hoody around my head as tight as it would go, and prayed for morning. There had been some party going on somewhere nearby, and the yelling and screaming didn't stop till well after midnight. Then at four, my poor little neice woke up screaming that she wanted to go home. We thought about driving around till we found the party place, roll down the windows, and let Kinsey scream at them for a while. It was a good day though, after we all warmed up- Brandon thought the cold was perfect, wierdo- Sawyer had been begging to go fishing. So we found a beautiful spot that he could try his fishermans luck. No fish. Lucky me. We went to Big Springs, which is the head waters for Henry's Fork, I wish I would have had my camera with me, but it was the most beautiful clear water that I have ever seen. The boys went for a quick four wheeler ride. Then we went back to break down camp. I don't think I could have spent another night "roughing it"- I am such a wooze (is that how you even spell it?). It was a great time spent with the family, and we went back to Grandma's to eat our tinfoil dinners, cooked on the grill.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment