Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Don't Try This At Home

March 24, 2010
Don't try this at home, but you do have my permission to a good laugh at my expense. I have had a cold for forever. I haven't been sick in a long time, so I am ready to try anything. I know, I could just go to the doctor and he would fix me up lickety split, but he costs money. So I try my own home remedies. My nose is really the only thing wrong. I went to the dentist today and just about suffocated there in the chair. You would think that eventually your body would just run out of snot, but no, it just keeps coming; and now it is going to my ears. I am done whining, just wanted to illustrate my desperateness, before I tell you of my stupidity. My mother-in-law told me once that she squirted some hydrogen peroxide up there and it helped immensely, she said it felt like your head was about to explode, but it cleans you out really well. What did I have to lose? We'll I'll tell you. I've used hydrogen peroxide to rinse my mouth, and for ear infections, and get blood out of the carpet. Doing these things never hurt, not even a sting. Well a friend had given Brandon some hydrogen peroxide that he recommended swallowing daily, so if you could swallow it, you could shoot it up your nose. NOT!!!
The raw spots around the outside of my nose immediately exploded into fire and the snot started shooting out looking a little like white play dough. My eyes were crying against their will. Pain, Fire! So you'd think that I would have learned my lesson, but no, I try it again. I think that I'm going to get ahead of the game by lubing my nose with Vaseline and and using half the amount. I'm here to tell you, it was just as bad the second time. NOTE TO SELF: Don't do stupid stuff, twice. I am now left with a nose that is burnt white on the inside and out. BUT I am breathing through both nostrils for the first time in weeks. FYI the hydrogen peroxide that you buy at the store is 3% peroxide. The stuff I used was 35% concentrated, probably should have taken a look at that first. You can now go ahead and laugh at me and my white nose.

4 comments:

vvjenks said...

I feel your pain!!! This ear and sinus thing is still driving me crazy too--You may need some of my mexican antibiotic--

Hope you are feeling better. The dentist would have been worse for me than the sinus problem or stuffy nose. Which reminds me--we need to have our teeth cleaned!

Enjoy your day

Shannon said...

You'll have to try it again with the 3% peroxide and let us know how it goes. Thanks for the laugh.

*~McGarys~* said...

you are so funny! They have a thing at the store that you can buy it;s a pot that you put salt water in and poor in one side of your nose and it comes out the other side. Ive heard it works and it doesn't even hurt. Maybe that might work also?.

allyson said...

Eric uses the netty pot that she is talking about above and thinks it really works. You just use salt water.

You are one tough cookie Jenn! Sounds like mission accomplished, aside from the white nose.