Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Captain Idependent

I know everyone has strong-willed children, but I think I got more than my fair share, not that I'm complaining. Benson is a great kid but he is a little more than independent, he wants to do everything himself. I have caught him trying to change his own diaper, climb the cabinets to get a treat and when that doesn't work he'll push a bar stool to where he needs to be, he wants to open his own string cheese (which I can barely do). Keep in mind that he doesn't turn 2 till April. It's amazing that he can't get out of his crib, YET!! Last night was a prime example of Captain Independent, I told him to get get a diaper, wipes, and his pajamas. He came back looking like this......

I don't know if you can see it, but he is covered head to two with Vaseline, unfortunately he was still partially dressed. It was on the drawer, on the closet handle, every where. Don't I have so much to look forward to, when he's actually in the "Terrible 2's"?

4 comments:

allyson said...

I thought the vaseline was leakage from what happens when a diaper gets too full (those little beads). I wished for everyone in our family would get at least one independent child so we could all relate. I love to hear of his escapades!

vvjenks said...

Heh Jen--they don't all come passive--Grandpa Jenks loves to see a little spunk in kids!!! Usually the younger of several kids becomes more creative!

I thought maybe he had changed his diaper and put the ointment all over his legs.

Shannon said...

Just to give you more to worry about--I think the 3s are worse. He sure is cute.

You want to put the vaseline way, way, way up high. I heard of some kids eating it before and they died from suffocation. That's why I hate shows about kids dying. I never forget.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm yes lets get that nappy off and some on that sweet littleass you are going to be soooooooooooooooooooo tight, don't worry I won't goballs deep just far enough you can feel mecum in you