Sometimes I can't wait for my kids to grow up... other times I want them to stay little forever. Things that I hope don't change: Kaden singing at the top of his lungs to his MP3- he's tone deaf and doesn't quite know all the words so he sounds a little like he's intoxicated- not a good combination. Kaden is such a good big brother, the two little ones love to fall asleep with him in his bed, and love to get on his shoulders- Detton is a good 35-40 pounds so about half of Kaden's weight. Sawyer can be competitive sometimes, especially when he and the little neighbor boy are always trying to one up each other. Tonight they kept changing the number of songs that they have on their MP3 so that they would be just a few a head of the other, pretty hilarious to listen to. Sawyer loves to have every one's approval, when he scores in basketball he immediately looks to make sure we saw. Detton is everyone's favorite. The first thing he does when we get to sacrament meeting is scope out Marilyn, she was his nursery leader. He immediately starts asking when he can go sit with her. Her son Parker, lets him play his iPhone, no wonder he doesn't want to sit with us. He can say the most hilarious things. One day he really wanted a Dairy Queen Dilly bar that was in our freezer. I told him no because he hadn't finished his dinner, he of course threw a fit but I ignored him and walked off. A little while later I came back to the kitchen to see him throwing away a thoroughly clean ice cream stick in the garbage, he threw his mischievous smile at me and ran off yelling, "To bad, to bad, to bad Mom". Little stinker. He is the best kid in the world to take bowling. After he throws the ball down the lane, he squats down and waits until it painstakingly slow gets closer and closer to the pins, then he starts jumping up and down, until it inevitably hits something. There is a very enthusiastic "Yes" and a great air punch to go with it. Ben. Ben. Ben. Ben. His latest shenanigan is to let his girl cousins his age, undress him. Good thing they, or I, don't care about the whole anatomy thing yet. He is quite independent now. Can't carry him or hold his hand when he's walking, wants to be just like his older brothers. He loves to try and play the Leapster. I don't think he has a clue what he's doing, but somehow he is still passing some of the levels. Go figure. He is trying to dribble a basketball, which gets a little old, but they have to start some where. All in all life is good to us, and we wouldn't change it for the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment