Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Something to be proud of..

There are some extremely unselfish and giving people in our community. For the past couple of years, a few moms have put on what they call "Science Adventure". We have been so lucky to have Sawyer wanting to do it. And boy can I tell you, I have learned a lot!!! Last year we put togeter a project on light refraction. This year it was electrical conductivity. Yeah, I know. I learned things like how to solder, prodounced soder not soldier, Ace "The Helpful Place" taught me that. I knew what soldering was, didn't know it was spelled like that, and felt like a total fool when they kindly corrected me. We had to build a conductivity tester and then the fun began. Once we got the tester working, Sawyer wanted to try everything in the house. FYI, potatoes and Jell-O will conduct electricity. So will Coke, I figure if it conducts electricity, probably not very good on the insides. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun. Brandon went with Sawyer early to help him set up. Before I had even left the house, they called needing the soldering iron, tape and had spilled the Coke. It was good to see Sawyer gain a little confidence from this experience.




5 comments:

Mist said...

What a handsome and smart little scientist! How fun for Sawyer to participate! What great parents you are to help him with these projects! He is really growing up!

allyson said...

I'm glad you've found what he likes to do. I think the twins would that as well. They ask to blow things up all the time.

vvjenks said...

Way to go Sawyer. I still don't totally understand that electricity thing! I'm just grateful for it.

Keep on experimenting and learning more about science.

Good job helping him Mom and Dad.

Hunter said...

Hey jen,
Glad to see you guys are doing well. OKay so you have been tagged so check out my blog for the details.
love ya lots
-Hunter

Meredith Salisbury said...

Wow, I would not even know where to start on those kind of projects. What a smart and I might add ADORABLE little boy.