Monday, January 25, 2010

Can You Spell????

January 25, 2010
'Cause I can't. That's what your Word processor is for and spell check. Luckily for Kaden, he got Brandon's spelling gene. He came home last week and said that he was the top speller in his class and there was a spelling bee the following week. And that was the end of it, didn't cross my mind again, all I remembered is that I was supposed to be at the school-Monday, 1:00 p.m. Then I sat down with other moms and they told me all the hours that they had spent with their children spelling words. Oops! My bad. Nevertheless, Kaden did great. Spelling words that I have never even hear of, and coming off champion. One more thing to add to his bag of tricks. Last week Brandon asked if he was liking school. He replied,"Ya". "Why?" he asked. "Because I'm popular". "Why are you popular?" "Because I'm smart and good at sports". Humility. We really need to work on it. I blame Brandon, I'm guessing he was very similar in attitude.
NOTE: I probably should have put this in earlier, BUT I'm not bragging in fact it was not much of a competition. Out of 20+ students only 5 were left after the first round. English is really tough to spell if it's not your first language.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Way to go Kaden! That's so great! I am glad he is settling in at the new school and enjoying it--Kaden is just stating facts: he IS smart and good at sports--it is what it is! :)

allyson said...

Well, it's hard to be humble when you're great! I think Brandon used to have a t-shirt that said that. Just kidding. Great genetics and good parents play a major role.

vvjenks said...

Way to go Kaden--one of our kids missed the word "grateful" at a spelling bee--I have always remembered how to spell it from that.

Humility is a great virtue--you are blessed even more when you are humble Kaden. We're glad you like school wherever you are!