Sunday, January 3, 2010

Moving Day-For Real

October 31, 2009
I'd like to say it was bittersweet, but it was pretty much all bitter, no sweet. We thought that we had a renter for our house, but the wife I'm pretty sure was certifiably crazy. Things like: wanted to pay the deposit out over time, keep the gas bill in our name, pay a cheap rent and then move it up in a couple of months-just crazy talk. Unfortunately, this didn't come to light until we had packed and loaded the truck. I went down on Thursday and started to pack. Now keep in mind that I had boxed all of our stuff except for the stuff on the walls and our furniture, and our storage room and garages. I packed two more days. We were so grateful for the help that our neighbors and friends gave to us to load the truck. They were done in about 3 hours, amazing.
We filled this 24 foot container to the ceiling. UNFORTUNATELY, we still couldn't fit it all in.
Bringing in the big guns. Sawyer had sneaked off to a neighbor's to play-smart.
Then it was off to Gage's and Jocy's Birthday Parties. Alli just decided to get it all over with two hours of insanity, rather than break it up into two days of insanity.
We had to sing two "Happy Birthdays". Lauren had to be right in the middle of it all.
Then it was off for Trick-or-Treating. We were really kind of duds this year. We had all sorts of costumes planned out. Sawyer wanted to be a vampire, so we got his costume all ready-ironed a shirt, found a bow tie, got out some dress pants, bought face paint, etc. But since I had left for Idaho and Brandon was responsible for getting them ready for school- Sawyer went to school in a black t-shirt, levis, a cape, and vampire teeth. Kaden was going to go as a beat up baseball player, instead, he put on a t-shirt and sweats and went as a basketball player. Pretty sure their teachers think that I was a slacker of a mom.
We polished the weekend off with the baby blessing of Alli and Tony's new baby Krew.

No comments: