Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas With The Family

December 30, 2009
About Saturday afternoon, complete chaos arrived at the homestead. All of Brandon's 6 brothers and sister gathered to make the holidays complete. As one group arrived, another left with a vomiting child. The "bug" was then passed around to at least one person in every family for the next week. Monday, everyone was at our house for dinner. Keep in mind we're not living in a mansion anymore, so quarters were tight. Tuesday night we left all the kids to the mercies of the oldest granddaughters, hoped for the best and went to town for dinner. By the time Wednesday rolled around, we needed an outlet and fast. A local family with an indoor swimming pool were kind enough to offer their facilities to us, and use them we did. Detton was the only one that tried to drown.

We were late showing up with the extra swimsuits, but it didn't slow this guy down. He was rather proud of his Speedo/underwear, and could have cared less what he wore.

Drives the ladies WILD

Grandma and baby Kate

The goggles and snorkel I think are hilarious, but I am a little concerned with the strap between his legs.

Alli and Krew-I think he's lost weight since I saw him last-NOT!

I'm pretty sure that inside they are still 14 year old boys.
A game of basketball can be rather dangerous with this group.

3 comments:

The Schwab Family! said...

Jen, I'm so glad to see you guys are alive and well--we miss you! Thanks for the Christmas card and don't feel bad...I didn't order enough this year, and those that did receive them got them late too! (Maybe next year, right?) :O)

allyson said...

You captured some prime moments. I am coping the speedo picture for my blog.

It was fun to see you and visit. Looks like you're adjusting to your new life and taking it in strides. I'm glad you're back in the posting business. It's so fun to see what's been going on.

vvjenks said...

Quite the family--thanks so much for all the pictures. You forgot to mention that you were the only one not in a bathing suit--so you had to do all the work.

I wonder what the guys would think if all us ladies took over the basketball game in the water?? Not!