Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Daily Grind

 August 26, 2010
 The first day of school, new classes, new adventures, new knowledge just waiting for the eager minds to find it.  However, I think my older boys were just fine in the long summer days of eternal play.
 Most kids are eager to hop right out of bed and get their first day of school, not Sawyer.  He was content right where he laid, on the floor squished between two beds.
 The Sun, it hurts my eyes, I don't know what it's like to be up this early.
 Probably the only day that they will get a breakfast that isn't cereal.
 The four Rico-suaves ready for school.  See those nice bright white tennis shoes? Ya, they don't look anything like that now.  Ben was disappointed that he wasn't going to school yet, and Detton was even more upset when he found out that he had to wait a couple hours before he could go.
 And they're off, and that is the last time I saw Kaden using a back pack.  I guess it just isn't cool.
 Detton was all too eager to get to school, he was really put off that I made him slow down long enough to take a picture.
 So young, so full of hope,  I hope Kindergarten doesn't destroy it.
 Anxiously waiting for his name to be called so that he can join his class.
And he's off.  Luckily, Detton has a great teacher with a lot of his friends in his class.  I still feel sorry for her.

No comments: