For those of you who know me, know that I can't text. I mean REALLY can't do it. This is a text conversation that I had a few weeks ago.
Me: Becky can I borrow a life vest mine are all still in Idaho.
Becky: Is this Jen and Brandon?
(I'm thinking I just talked to Becky and she knows that we were planning on going swimming with her, so I am somewhat confused)
Me: Uh ya
Becky: Sure you can borrow a life vest are you guys in Heber?
(What the heck? Now I'm sure she's lost it)
So to avoid more confusion on my part, I decide to call her. Well the woman that answers is not the Becky I was expecting, and it took me a second to figured out just who the heck I had called. To make it perfectly clear I was using a different cell phone. The one I had been using previously would show the number next to the name. The new cell just showed the name and so I scrolled down to Becky and hit "dial". But you know when you've had a friend for so long that it only takes hearing their voice to know exactly who it is. The Becky on the other end was our first married couple friend, they were our next door neighbors at USU, and Kaden's favorite second parents. And then I realized how much I missed them. We had a good quick chat, she was sitting at the doctors office with her husband who had had a little wreck with his motorcycle. But as I hung up, I had the overwhelming feeling that we are so blessed to have so many good friends, and with all the times that we have moved, these friends cover the country. From Washington to Florida, and California to Connecticut, and everywhere in between. So to the few of you who actually read this pathetic blog, thank you for being our friend.
Reminder - Spring 2018
8 years ago
5 comments:
We are glad to have you as friends too!
Your blog was my Wednesday evening entertainment while Vard and Kameron went to mutual!! Great job.
I share your texting pain. Hate it. What is so funny about you contacting the wrong Becky is that last month I called Jen on my cell phone to ask you to conduct on Sunday since I would be doing Sharing time for Patti, several confusing minutes later I realized I had scrolled down to Jennifer Larson--not a mormon and not interested in conducting primary--not to Jen Jenks! We need an intervention, or maybe just a nap!! I'm glad you moved to Royal so I can share my life jackets with Carter's best buddy Detton. Friends are the best-thanks for being mine.
Missing you from CA!
Oh Jen....I hope you read this comment because I am finally reading yours and trying to update mine. We miss you guys too and I was glad for the mistake, it gave us a chance to chat. Those were good times, we just had Chad and Tracy over and were talking about our Aggie life. So fun! Please call us when you're in Utah again and let's try to get together. Love reading your blog and catching up on your lives!
Post a Comment