Sawyer turned 9! And just so you know, it was just yesterday that we had him. Funny story about bringing him home. Brandon had taken my mom and Kaden back to our little apartment in Seattle, and was then coming back to the hospital to pick us up, since we didn't have a car big enough to hold all of us. Well, I'm sitting there with Sawyer waiting and waiting and waiting. And Brandon still isn't coming. He finally shows up covered in sweat. Come to find out, our little reliable old Carola had gotten a flat on the 405. Just so you know the 405 in Bellevue is as busy as any interstate, and to make maters worse, the car broke down by the retaining wall. So there was Brandon with no room, and trying to change the tire up against the wall. He could never get it off. Imagine driving past someone under their car trying to kick the tire off. Brandon had to hitch-hike to the hospital. Sawyer has always been an extremely smart kid. I should have know it when he was born and then NEVER went back to sleep. EVER. Little known fact about Sawyer, he was born on 7/11 at 7:01 p.m. (the nurse wanted to know if I wanted to wait another ten minutes, are you kidding me?) and weighed in at 7 lbs. 12. oz.- and then he peed. We could have had 7-11's straight across, so his nickname for a while was Slurpee, get it? 7-Eleven? I know cruel and unusual. We love having Sawyer in our family, even with the teasing, he is usually sweet and thoughtful. Always so alert, and noticing things that no one else does.
In my defense, Brandon took these pictures.
Sawyer could hardly wait to get home and tear into his presents.
Wow, another fishing pole, and jerky. He couldn't have been happier.


5 comments:
Man you are busy with birthdays!!!!
It sounds like our poor parental planning - all the boys in February, and everyone but Kevin in August. (He's July 28th, so practically August) It is a nightmare, but people tell me we will be happy when they all get older and we can combine festivities. We'll see...
The boys are all getting so big!! I feel like I haven't seen them forever!
Wow Jenn! You've been quiet the blogger. Your sense of humor is priceless! Thanks for all the updates and pictures.
My boys are wondering if Kaden and Sawyer can come over and play video games? Maybe tomorrow would work? If only...
Your boys look like mine in their white undershirts. I think my boys use theirs for napkins too.
Jen, I love all your pictures. I commented down on your post about the texting misunderstanding (which I am grateful for), so you'll have to scroll down and find it. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment