We really should have planned our children better, I guess when they're ready to come, they come. But I would have liked a few more days in between birthdays. If you ever need to guess a birthday in our house, almost everyone is in either April or July; and their birthday in on the 8th or the 11th, except for Ben, who is on the 19th which is 8+11 (if you didn't get it). But anyway, it makes it very convenient when we celebrate birthdays together. So after SummerFest, we had our usual family birthday barbecue, with a few friends thrown in.
The Detton and Sawyer couldn't decide on a cake flavor, so being the over-achieving mom (on a rare day) I made two.
Lots of food, lots of friends and family, means good times.
Sawyer had no troubles blowing his candle out, although Ben did tried to blow some extra wind it's way.
For some reason it took Detton a little longer....
and his friend, Dillon, got tired of waiting and gave a little extra help, it was really pretty funny.
2 comments:
Wow! Ben looks way older.
Jen I just finished catching up on your blog. I love that you do this so even though you guys are a ways away we can still see whats going on with you guys. I cannot believe how big Ben has gotten! What cute boys you have:)
If you guys ever feel the urge to come this way and visit friends you are always welcome to stay with us! I know a couple of kids who would love it.
I must say that this summer has been kind of strange not having you next door. Your poor renters are probably sick of my kids showing up at their door wanting to play. lol. I think my kids are a little lost not having the boys to play with. It was really nice they had such good friends right next door to play with, we miss that a lot. Hope you guys are doing well. Bridger, Cambry and Sid all said to tell your boys hello.
Post a Comment