Royal has this cute little hometown celebration the second weekend in July every year. It's all that you could imagine when you attend a small town festival. But when we walked into the park and it looked like this, I was thinking that we should maybe go home.
A local church youth group ran a fishing booth and this puppet show. It was actually a little reassuring that there are youth out there that aren't of our faith that care enough to volunteer and help others. Of course the puppet show we watched was in Spanish, sooooo....we didn't stay long. We really need Spanish lessons.
There were some really fun blow-up toys. Detton had a blast. Kaden was too cool to go on any.
Ben thought that if Detton was doing it, then he might as well too. I was really surprised that he climbed the wall without a hitch. I should have known better. He got to the top and wouldn't go down the slide, but wouldn't climb down, either. So Sawyer was the night in shining armour, and climb up to the rescue, except....
Ben would NOT let go of the rope that helps you climb up. Sawyer had to rip his hands off, which was no easy task. Ben screamed the whole time, and the whole time down, and then this is his face even after he got off.
But no worries, ice cream solves everything. Maybe we should offer some to the Taliban. I'm sure it would help, I mean, I would be cross and angry all the time if I was hot ALL the time.
The Mariachi Band was pretty entertaining, do you sense the Spanish theme yet?
Then came time for the ping pong drop. A local crop duster loads his plane with ping pongs and then drops them in a nearby field. Think Easter Egg Hunt.
Ben is still kind of ticked off and refuses to go get a ping pong.
So of course, Brandon drags him out there to claim his, because you know if all the other brothers get one and he doesn't then the tantrum starts all over again. Do you see Detton in the corner. He's looking for ping pongs like he looks for things at home. He's just waiting for one to jump out and land right in his hands. To say the least he didn't get one, but no worries......
'cause Brayden got more than what he knew what to do with. And Detton got his ball. We then braved the mass of kids turning their ping pongs in for their toy, and then went home and slept for two hours.
1 comment:
You didn't get the bike either, huh? :)
Post a Comment