Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Two Leauges Down, No More to Go

We made it through the season in Royal.  It wasn't like anything that we have ever done.  Really laid back and easy going.  And sometimes not in a good way.  We started out with 15 kids on the team, by the last game, we were recruiting kids out of the stands so that we could have enough to fill the infield.  Sometimes the kids would just show up and then sit in the stands and watch their own team play, sometimes they didn't even bring thier mitt.  HOWEVER, Brandon was the coach and so we were allowed to let Sawyer play on the same team as Kaden; I know this ruffled a few feathers, but I don't think that I really could have made Sawyer play another season of coach pitch.  It was really good for the boys to play together.  Kaden pitched, Sawyer caught.  Sawyer pitched, Kaden caught.  Almost every game.  Until Sawyer had a meltdown and Brandon would have to pull him.  What really matters is that the boys had fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sure you don't know me. My name is Chris Stoker and I grew up with Brandon. I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your candor and openness to relay you family's lives. It's like I get to keep up with my old friend, without intruding. In some ways I am sad that my group split up and went their separate ways, and not a lot of follow up.

So thank you.

BTW, tell Brandon he really looks a lot like Darin, with a touch of Vard.