Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Detton!

July 8, 2010
 Wow, 5 years old.  The time has just flown by!  It seems just like yesterday I was picking up garbage so that we could go to the hospital (a dog had gotten in our garbage can, and I couldn't just leave it).  Detton has been by far (so far) the easiest toddler.  He is so happy and cheerful, most of the time.  And always keeps us laughing. 
 After his birthday was over he asked me, "Mom, am I really 5?"
Me:    "Yes, Det, you're really 5." 
Detton:  "Really?  I would have thought that I would be taller by now."
Today he asked me, "Mom, where do flies live?"
Me:  "All over our house."
Detton:  "So are they our new pet or something?"
After looking at these sweet pictures, I've decided that our photography skills have really come a long way.

So on Detton's birthday some of the families from our ward were getting together to go boating at the State Park that is just up the road.  Detton totally thought it was a party for him.  So we made cupcakes and he never knew it wasn't a party.
                                                                           Ben licked all the frosting off and then handed it back.
The kids had a great time in the boat, and my niece, Launa, was able to come.  Enjoy that smile of her's, they're hard to catch on camera.
Then we headed home to wait for Brandon, so that we could open presents.  Seriously some of the goofiest kids EVER.  And of course Ben with no pants, such a surprise.
Brandon had requested a present that didn't have to be assembled, but we found this trike online and we just had to get it.  Luckily, Sawyer was there to keep Brandon in line.
The maiden ride.  The back wheels are swiveled so you can go round and round in circles.
 Ben's legs were too short, so big brother Sawyer stepped in to help.

1 comment:

Ashley and Dave said...

Sure looks like a lot of fun for the boys! Hope you guys are doing well! We love you and miss you and Kinsey can't wait to see her Ben next month! Talk to you later!